ONLINE SUMMER CAMP REGISTRATION IS OPEN
- We will be asking parents to fill out a health check form each day confirming their child does not exhibit symptoms of illness before allowing children into program
- We will be asking staff to fill out a health check form each day confirming they do not exhibit symptoms of illness before coming to work.
- We will take temperatures of all children, staff each day.
- We will be increasing our hand washing schedule to include 20 second handwashing for all participants and staff before program, between each activity, before lunch and snacks , after lunch and snacks, and before program ends, at minimum.
- Face coverings will be asked of all staff and participants while program hours are running.
- We will provide signs related to healthy habits throughout program
- We will be sending home guidance from the CDC regarding safe health procedures to our families during program.
- Social distancing will be practiced at all times
- In rooms (set up space for social distancing)
- Outdoor (State and local regulations state that camps should operate outdoors as much as possible)
- Transitions (walking to the bathroom or an new activity space)
- During games
- Groups will be limited to 10-12 campers, depending on age
- Groups will not interact with each other throughout the day
- We will not be holding any full camp activities
- Staff will be assigned to specific group and will not interact with other groups to the best of our ability.
- A medical isolation space will be established for any child or staff that is feeling ill and in process to be picked up.
- Parents will be required to arrange a pick up within 1 hour of being contacted their child is not feeling well.
- All activities and games will be individual based or adjusted for safe interactions following social distancing rules.
- Staff will monitor health by doing visual health checks of children and staff throughout the day.
- We have adjusted our Day Camp program activities to adhere to state and local guidelines
- No travel off sites
- No swimming (at this time we are waiting for further guidance from the proper authorities)
- We will not be bringing in vendors from outside our organization to the campuses
- We have moved all camp locations to YMCA properties to ensure full control of sanitation and health and safety in the environment.
- We have increased our cleaning schedule to wipe down surfaces throughout the day and at minimum, all surfaces will be cleaned
- Before program
- Between activities
- Before lunch
- After lunch
- Before pick up
- After pick up
- We will be cutting down paper as much as possible during check in/out procedures and throughout the day
- We will minimize shared equipment as much as possible. When sharing is necessary, equipment will be cleaned between each use
- Balls and outdoor equipment will be assigned to a child and sanitized after use
- No outdoor shared activities will be allowed until local and federal guidelines expand to allow this
- No ball catch
- No basketball (individuals shooting hoops ok)
- No playgrounds (this will be reevaluated as local and state rules change)
- Games and activities will be adjusted for non-touch
- Backpacks will be kept with separation from other children’s items
- We ask that campers to come to camp with no more than what they need for the day.
- We will be serving single serve packaged lunch and snack at all locations to help limit the number of items you need to bring to camp
- Bathrooms will be wiped down after each use
- Hand sanitizer will be provided at all time
- Gloves to be worn during cleaning and meal time and any time transmission is higher than normal
Camp Scout - Ages 6-8
Camp Ranger - Ages 9-12
Fee: $252 per week**
Design/ Building STEM
Video Game Design
|Dance & Co.
The Art of
Fee: $285 per week**
**Sibling discounts cannot be offered this summer. Lunch and snacks are included in this pricing.
Encourage Creative Exploration
When summer ends, Y campers leave with proud accomplishments, budding friendships and a strong sense of belonging. What are you waiting for? Give the youth in your life their best summer ever.
2020 Camp Locations
Central YMCA | San Jose
El Camino YMCA | Mt. View
East Valley YMCA | San Jose
South Valley YMCA | San Jose
Southwest YMCA | Saratoga
East Palo Alto YMCA | E.Palo Alto