UNLOCK YOUR CHILD'S POTENTIAL
With so many demands on today's families, parents need all the support they can get. That's why our before and after school programs are about nurturing the potential of youth entering Transitional Kindergarten (TK) and up by providing a safe space where they can learn skills and build relationships with peers and caring staff.
Enjoy peace of mind knowing your kids are safe and having fun while enjoying educational activities, engaging in physical activity, and learning the Y values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility with friends old and new.
At the YMCA, we continue to make safety a priority to protect our families and staff. We look forward to welcoming you and your child to our community.
*Please note: Registration at ASES, 21st Century and ELO-P grant-funded programs are by referral only. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Daily homework help/tutoring
- Character development/social emotional learning
- Critical thinking, collaboration, communication, creativity
- Literacy enrichment
- Science, technology, engineering, arts and math (STEAM) activities
- Nutrition education and healthy snacks/meals
- Physical activity
- Leadership development
- Global and cultural learning
- College and career exploration
SAMPLE DAILY SCHEDULE
Times based on typical hours, each site will vary depending on school dismissal. Order of activities will also vary depending on space available and age range of youth
- School Dismissal: youth in grades 1-up have 10 minutes maximum to arrive and be checked in to Afterschool Program. TK and Kinder Students are escorted from their classroom to the YMCA program space by Y Staff daily.
- First 30 minutes: check-in, hand-washing and restroom use, review schedule for the day
- Next 30 minutes Youth Choice: youth choose between multiple activity stations
- 30-45 minutes of Quiet Time: this time is typically for homework, reading, worksheets, challenge or quote of the day, etc.
- 30 minutes for Afternoon Snack: Snack is provided by the Y. Youth are allowed to bring snack from home. We are a nut-free environment and ask families to refrain from sending youth with any nuts or products that were made nuts.
- 30 minutes of Physical Activity: including Group Games. Outdoors unless the weather prohibits.
- 20-30 minutes of outdoor youth choice: including playground time and use of outdoor equipment such as hula hoops, jump ropes, balls, etc.
- 30-45 minutes Curriculum/Project Time: projects may be one day or ongoing such as a theme that takes place over several days or weeks.
Frequently Asked Questions
- We will be increasing our hand washing schedule to include 20 second hand washing for all participants and staff before program, between each activity, before lunch and snacks, after lunch and snacks, and before program ends, at minimum.
- Face coverings are optional but may be requested of staff or participants if cold or flu symptoms are present.
- We will provide signs related to healthy habits throughout program.
- A medical isolation space will be established for any child or staff that is feeling ill and in process to be picked up.
- Parents will be required to arrange a pick up within 1 hour of being contacted their child is not feeling well.
- Staff will monitor health by doing visual health checks of children and staff throughout the day.
- Staff will align with California Department of Public Health and individual school district protocols and procedures.
YMCA memberships and programs are open to everyone. Scholarships are made available through generous Annual Campaign contributions. Individuals and families may apply for scholarships toward YMCA memberships and programs. YMCA of Silicon Valley is a non-profit organization.
To apply for Financial Assistance, click here.
We have increased our cleaning schedule to wipe down surfaces throughout the day and at minimum, all surfaces will be cleaned:
- Before program
- Between activities
- Before lunch
- After lunch
- Before pick up
- After pick up
We will be cutting down paper as much as possible during check in/out procedures and throughout the day
Contact our Youth Development Leaders at email@example.com
If a third party pays for your child care, you cannot register online. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
Our refund policy is published on our general FAQ page. You can find Child Care/After School policies in the YOUTH DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS > PROGRAM GUIDELINES section.