UNLOCK YOUR CHILD'S POTENTIAL
With so many demands on today's families, parents need all the support they can get. That's why our before and after school programs are about nurturing the potential of youth entering Transitional Kindergarten (TK) and up by providing a safe space where they can learn skills and build relationships with peers and caring staff.
Enjoy peace of mind knowing your kids are safe and having fun while enjoying educational activities, engaging in physical activity, and learning the Y values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility with friends old and new.
At the YMCA, we continue to make safety a priority to protect our families and staff. YMCA fall programs align with California Department of Public Health (CDPH) and our specific school districts in regards to COVID procedures. We look forward to welcoming you and your child to our community.
*Please note: Registration at ASES and 21st Century grant-funded programs are by referral only. Please contact [email protected] for more information.
At the YMCA, we continue to make safety a priority to protect our families and staff. YMCA fall programs will follow the K-12 School’s Guidance provided by the California Department of Public Health (CDPH). We will continue to monitor the guidance from the CDPH, and update our practices accordingly.
While we continually update our practices to fit the current health and safety regulations, the constant focus of our program continues to be fostering friendships, belonging and achievement. We are look forward to welcoming you and your child to our community.
- Daily homework help/tutoring
- Character development
- Critical thinking, collaboration, communication, creativity
- Literacy enrichment
- Science, technology, engineering, arts and math (STEAM) activities
- Nutrition education and healthy snacks/meals
- Physical activity
- Leadership development
- Global and cultural learning
- College and career exploration
Frequently Asked Questions
- We will be increasing our hand washing schedule to include 20 second hand washing for all participants and staff before program, between each activity, before lunch and snacks, after lunch and snacks, and before program ends, at minimum.
- Face coverings may be asked of all staff and participants while program hours are running.
- We will provide signs related to healthy habits throughout program.
- We will be sending home guidance from the CDC regarding safe health procedures to our families during program.
- A medical isolation space will be established for any child or staff that is feeling ill and in process to be picked up.
- Parents will be required to arrange a pick up within 1 hour of being contacted their child is not feeling well.
- Staff will monitor health by doing visual health checks of children and staff throughout the day.
YMCA memberships and programs are open to everyone. Scholarships are made available through generous Annual Campaign contributions. Individuals and families may apply for scholarships toward YMCA memberships and programs. YMCA of Silicon Valley is a non-profit organization.
Once you've completed the application, please submit it to [email protected].
- We have increased our cleaning schedule to wipe down surfaces throughout the day and at minimum, all surfaces will be cleaned
- Before program
- Between activities
- Before lunch
- After lunch
- Before pick up
- After pick up
- We will be cutting down paper as much as possible during check in/out procedures and throughout the day
Contact our Youth Development Leaders at [email protected]
If a third party pays for your child care, you cannot register online. Please email [email protected] to register.
Staff will align with California Department of Public Health and individual school district COVID protocols and procedures.
Our refund policy is published on our general FAQ page. You can find Child Care/After School policies in the YOUTH DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS > PROGRAM GUIDELINES section.