There is no organization more qualified in swim instruction than the Y, who invented swim lessons in 1903. The Y teaches water safety, a critical life-saving skill for all children and adults, and how to swim. These skills build confidence and make it possible to safely enjoy pools, water parks, and the outdoors.
SWIM LESSONS ARE NOW AVAILABLE
group swim lessons offer an excellent opportunity for infants, toddlers, youth, and adults of all ages to learn water safety skills in a safe and supportive environment. The Y's swim lessons are grounded in a skill continuum, that allows students to flow easily from one skill to the next with clear stages of progress along the way. We welcome participants of varied and diverse abilities. We ensure that everyone feels welcome in the water, and at the Y. Our instructors are committed to fostering a sense of achievement in classes, with an emphasis on group activities that build relationships and character development.
Private swim lessons provide individual instruction, enhance personal abilities, and improve stroke technique, endurance, and strength. Lessons are taught according to your ability and skill level. Each lesson is 45 minutes. A parent or adult from the household is required to be in the water during the lesson. Due to concerns over COVID-19, only private swim lessons are available at this time.
The Y asks that everyone wear a mask whenever possible, except in the pool. We appreciate your cooperation to keep the community healthy.
Safety is our top priority, and the following COVID-19 protocols are currently in place for swim lessons:
- Health screening and temperature check for all staff, participants, and parents/guardians
- Social distancing between students
- All instructors wear face shields
- Only one parent per household allowed on the pool deck to reduce capacity and ensure distancing on pool deck
- Sanitation after each lesson of all equipment (kickboards, toys, etc.)
APPLY FOR AID
Financial assistance can be applied to swim lessons. Apply for aid online here.
SWIM LESSONS AT THE Y
People of all ages can learn fundamental swimming skills from nationally certified instructors, while fostering a life-long appreciation for physical activity and wellness.
Swim Lesson Success
- Parent of Swim Lesson Participant
SWIM LESSON FAQ
1. Cancellations made 14 days or more before the program start date will receive a full refund, less the deposit (if applicable).
2. Cancellations made within the 14 day period will receive YMCA credit.
3. Once the program begins, no refunds or credits will be issued. Special consideration will be given for medical circumstances supported by a doctor’s note.
4. You may transfer to another program or session up to the start date. Once the program begins no transfers will be made.