There is no organization more qualified in swim instruction than the Y, who invented swim lessons in 1903. The Y teaches water safety, a critical life-saving skill for all children and adults, and how to swim. These skills build confidence and make it possible to safely enjoy pools, water parks, and the outdoors.
People of all ages can learn fundamental swimming skills from nationally certified instructors while fostering a life-long appreciation for physical activity and wellness.
Not sure where to begin? Use the form below to determine which swim lesson level is right for you or your child.
APPLY FOR AID
Financial assistance can be applied to swim lessons.
GROUP SWIM LESSONS NOW ENROLLING
PRIVATE SWIM LESSONS NOW ENROLLING
SWIM LESSON SUCCESS
- Parent of Swim Lesson Participant
Safety is our top priority, and the following COVID-19 protocols are currently in place for swim lessons:
-Health screening and temperature check for all staff, participants, and parents/guardians
-Social distancing between students
-All instructors wear face shields
-Only one parent per household allowed on the pool deck to reduce capacity and ensure distancing on the pool deck
-Sanitation after each lesson of all equipment (kickboards, toys, etc.)
SWIM LESSON FAQ
1. Cancellations made 14 days or more before the program start date will receive a full refund, less the deposit (if applicable).
2. Cancellations made within the 14 day period will receive YMCA credit.
3. Once the program begins, no refunds or credits will be issued. Special consideration will be given for medical circumstances supported by a doctor’s note.
4. You may transfer to another program or session up to the start date. Once the program begins no transfers will be made.