Weddings at YMCA Camp Campbell
YMCA Camp Campbell is located in the Santa Cruz Mountains in the heart of the redwoods, creating a rich environment for weddings. We offer single day weddings as well as three day weekend weddings, if you are looking for a unique experience for you guests. Our professional staff will work with you on every step of the planning process in order to execute the vision you had in mind.
- A ring of tall majestic redwood trees forms the beautiful backdrop to our outdoor chapel.
- The natural ambiance is beautiful as is, but it can also be customized to your unique taste.
- Seats up to 150 people with standing room
Swenson Family Lodge
- Surrounded by groves of tall redwood trees, our newly built lodge features natural materials, including massive logs, several rock fireplaces, wood floors, and skylights.
- We offer outdoor and indoor space for your reception. Celebrate your reception outside on the large field of Swenson or indoors with large logs, windows and fireplace.
- The main dining hall seats 250 guests.
- The main room has floor to ceiling windows and accomodates 80-100 guests.
Tree Top Cabins
- Cabins located high among the redwood trees
- Each heated cabin sleeps 14 people, bunk bed style
- Equipped with private showers and electricity
- Enjoy our brand new circular cabins, sleeping 18 people bunk style
- Each bunk bed is placed in a diverse angle, giving guests more privacy
- Equipped with heaters, private showers and electricity
All food and food service is provided on-site through our camp kitchen. Our healthy, locally-sourced ingredients and professional chefs provide high quality food with a variety of menu options that will surpass expectations and delight guests.
Reception Menu is served buffet style and consists of:
- 3 Appetizers during cocktail hour
- 1 Salad
- 2 Main Courses
- 3 Sides
- *Vegetarian and Gluten Free Options Available on Request*
Arts and Crafts
Campfire with S'mores
|Disc Golf Course
High Ropes Course*°
Swimming Pool & Water Slide°
*Age requirement 11 years & up
Rates & Services
We offer both single day weddings and three day weekend wedding packages. Please call or email for more information.
- What is included in the facility fee?
- Use of YMCA Camp Campbell from Friday at 4 pm – Sunday at noon
- Tables, chairs, flatware, and silverware
- Access to activities, including our archery range, hiking trails, basketball courts, tie dye, and more
- Trash pick-up and disposal, recycling, parking assistance, and maintenance of grounds for your weekend.
- Can we bring our family to tour the site?
- Of course! Your booking process consists of an initial site visit/tour and one follow up site visit to discuss food and details. These visits will run approximately 60-90 minutes.
- You are welcome to bring family members or friends on any of your visits. As a courtesy, please let us know how many people we can be expecting.
- Any visits beyond that will be billed at a rate of $100/hr.
- Our camp is a closed facility, which means that we cannot allow people to tour our facility unescorted.
- What does your availability look like?
- View our online calendar for our current wedding venue availability at: http://www.ymcasv.org/ymcacampcampbell/html/about_calendar.html
- What is the alcoholic beverage policy?
- YMCA Camp Campbell does not possess a liquor license, and does not vend alcoholic beverages. You may provide alcoholic beverages to your guests if your group or event insurance includes an alcoholic beverage clause.
- You may provide beer and wine only - no hard liquor. YMCA Camp Campbell will issue fines to the contract holder if hard liquor is found in your group’s possession.
- YMCA staff will not vend, transport, serve or setup alcohol/bar area.
- There are no corkage or usage fees.
- Camp Campbell recommends hiring a bar tending service to help with all transportation, setup and service of alcohol.
- Can we bring our own food or caterer?
- No, as required by our Health Department license, we must provide all food service.
- You may bring pre-packaged snacks for your group.
- There is a refrigerator and microwave in Meeting Room 1 for guests’ needs and to store personal items.
- How do meals work?
- We offer buffet service.
- Food is served in pre-designated areas ONLY. We will not transport food away from our main kitchen space as it violates health codes.
- Basic food service is included in your overnight rates. Upgraded and custom menus available upon request for additional cost.
- Dietary restrictions and allergen-free food service can often be provided by camp. Communicate your needs to the Wedding Coordinator via email.
- All lunches and dinners include a salad bar (Reception Meal may be plated salads).
- Is Coffee/Tea available 24 hours a day?
- Coffee and tea are provided during meal times
- Any needs beyond that will be considered on a case by case basis at additional cost.
- The YMCA has adopted Healthy Living Standards and does not serve hot chocolate or caffeine to children under 18.
- Do you have water or cold beverages available throughout the day?
- Water dispensers are available in the dining hall 24 hours a day and all of the sinks in camp pull from the same water source and are quite drinkable. Please encourage your group to bring water bottles for use during non-meal times.
- At all meals, milk is available.
- If your group would like any beverages beyond milk, water or juice at breakfast only, please plan on providing that.
- Can we set up and decorate?
- Yes, your party is responsible for all decorating.
- Candles are allowed, but must be enclosed.
- Decorations must be approved in advance by YMCA Camp Campbell.
- No nails or staples are allowed, no painting or gluing is allowed for decorative purposes. Camp does not provide materials for decoration.
- Can we have campfires?
- Yes, and we encourage you to do so in our designated campfire areas.
- Firewood is provided.
- Can we bring own audio/visual equipment?
- Yes, you may bring your own audio/visual equipment.
- We can also support your audio/visual needs.
- What accommodations are available?
- We can accommodate up to 225 guests in our cabins.
- Each cabin sleeps up to 14 guests. TreeTop Camp cabins include restrooms and showers, while 49 Camp cabins share a common bath facility that’s a short walk from each cabin.
- We can provide linen packs for $20 per person.
- Specific cabin assignments are your responsibility.
- Our overnight minimum is 65 guests for two nights.
- Should you need to cancel or change your date, contact us to let us know. Your group will be financially liable for the cost of the minimum booking if we cannot re-book your reserved date.
- The contract holder is responsible for all individual guest cabin bookings. We recommended setting up a PayPal account to help with that process.
- How many guests can your space accommodate?
- Overnight accommodations in our cabins: 225
- Outdoor Chapel: 150 seated guests
- Swenson Family Lodge:
- Main dining hall: 250 seated guests
- Two adjoining rooms: 80/room
- Is my group able to stay passed 12:00 p.m. on Sunday?
- No. In order for camp staff to clean and get ready for the upcoming week, everyone needs to be offsite by 12:00 on Sunday. An additional fee of $100 per each half hour guests stay beyond 12:00 p.m. on Sunday will be charged to the contract holder.
- Do I need insurance?
- Yes, you must name YMCA Camp Campbell as an additional insured for a minimum of $1,000,000. You may obtain the event insurance through your homeowner’s policy or from wedsafe.com.
- What is the deposit policy?
- You will be responsible for 25% of your minimum booking in order to reserve your date on our calendar. The remaining balance is due 30 days after your event.
- All deposits are non-refundable, and in the event of a cancellation, we retain all deposits.
- What is your pet policy?
- With the exception of certified service/guide dogs, no animals are allowed.
- Who are your preferred vendors for table linens, plates, glasses, etc?
- Camp Campbell prefers to work with Alexis Party Rentals based out of Santa Cruz, CA
- Camp Campbell does not allow outside food vendors or program facilitation.
- How late? How loud? Are there restrictions on amplified sound?
- A Santa Cruz municipal ordinance specifically states that quiet hours are between 10pm and 8am, 7 days a week. During these hours, we do not allow amplified sound outside of camp buildings—this includes sound systems, musical instruments and yelling, screaming or singing loudly. Indoor amplification is okay, as long as the volume does not exceed 45 decibels and does not continue after 12am. Guests are liable for any/all fines or complaints filed while on site. Please ask our Wedding Coordinator for more information regarding YMCA Camp Campbell’s noise policy.
- We understand you and your wedding guests want the most out of your wedding weekend so at the start of the 10pm quiet hours we allow for activities to continue in our Fireside Room in the dining hall until 12am. At12am all music and noise must stop completely, guests who are not sleeping on site must leave the premises and on-site guests must return to their cabins for the night.
- Is tent camping or RV parking available on site?
- No. Camp Campbell is not a KOA or other public camping ground. We are a private camping facility, and are not insured for or set up to support tent camping.
- YMCA Camp Campbell has Tent Cabins that are available for rent from May-October. Please talk to the Wedding Coordinator for more details on renting the Tent Cabins.
- Is there a camp store?
- Yes! Our camp store is fully stocked with essential camping items like flashlights and toothpaste, and also has awesome Camp Campbell apparel available.
- The camp store is open on Sundays from 10:00-12:00. Please communicate with the on-site YMCA staff if you would like it open additional hours.
- Are there different rates for children?
- Children under 3 are free. Youth programs and supervision are available upon request.
• Children under 12 are eligible for a youth rate. Please see above.
- Children under 3 are free. Youth programs and supervision are available upon request.
- How does it work to share the site with another group?
- Without site exclusivity there is a good chance you will be booked during a weekend with another group.
- Camp Campbell is ideally setup to host multiple events. There are two separate lodging areas which allow you and your group to have your own space to sleep, relax, and have nightly campfires.
- Meals, other than your rehearsal and reception dinners, will be served buffet and shared with other groups. We will designate tables in the dining hall and guests are welcome to take their plates and eat on the porch if the weather is nice.
- For your ceremony and reception dinner, you will have your choice of locations and we will program the other group into a different part of camp to insure privacy for your special event.
- Who is responsible for what while we are at camp?
- You are directly responsible for supervision on-site for your group for the duration of your stay.
- Please be prepared to be the primary contact for any guests who may need to contact you.
- An on-site Wedding Coordinator will be available for emergency contact for the duration of your stay.
- Should your group anticipate the need for medical staff, please provide the necessary people and equipment for the duration of your stay. Camp Campbell does not employ on-site medical staff for guest bookings, nor are we liable for emergency medical needs on-site for guests.
- In the event of an emergency, any EMS, evacuation or transport, medical, or law enforcement personnel and services required by a guest group will be the client’s responsibility.
- Camp provides program and food service staff to run activities and meals.