YMCA Project Cornerstone
Asset Champions Awards Celebration
Nominations for the 2022 Event are now CLOSED.
Thank you to all who submitted nominations.
Stay tuned for event details and announcement of winners.
YMCA Project Cornerstone’s Asset Champions Awards Celebration is held annually to celebrate and honor the individuals and organizations whose commitment to building positive relationships with youth helps make Silicon Valley a better place for young people to live and grow.
Nominations for the Asset Champions Awards DUE NOVEMBER 15. Complete an online application below.
WHAT IS AN ASSET CHAMPION?
Asset champions are individuals or organizations that make extraordinary efforts to build developmental assets, create positive connections with youth, and inspire others to do the same. Developmental assets are the positive experiences, values, behaviors, and relationships that enable youth to thrive. Asset Champions awards will be given in the following categories:
- Adult Role Model (Individual over 24)
- Caring School Climate (Elementary - including preschool and transitional kindergarten, Middle and High School)
- Community Values Youth (Organization)
- Positive Cultural Identity (Individual, Family, or Organization)
- Positive Peer Influence (Individual under 24, nominated by a peer under the age of 24)
Click here to see the videos of the 2021 Asset Champions Celebration Event.
HOW TO NOMINATE AN ASSET CHAMPION
All nominees will be recognized at the Asset Champions Celebration Event. One nominee from each category will be recognized at the event with a professionally produced video and a youth created award.
1. Review the categories and eligibility on the call for nominations and make sure that both you and your nominee meet the requirements.
2. Complete the online nomination form for the award category in which you wish to nominate an asset champion. Award recipients will be chosen based on the answers to these questions, so please be thorough and provide examples.
3. Plan to host your nominee at the event* on March 25, 2022.
NOMINATIONS DUE NOVEMBER 15.
Click a link below to complete an online nomination form for the following Asset Champions categories. Para llenar una nominación en español, descargue la forma a través del siguiente enlace y envíelo por correo electrónico a [email protected] o puede llenar en línea usando los enlaces de arriba.
- Adult Role Model (English) / Premio al Adulto Como Modelo de Conducta (Español)
- (Individuals over 24/Individuos mayores de 24 años)
- Caring School Climate (English)/ Premio al Plantel Educativo Interesado for los Jóvenes (Español)
- (Elementary - including preschool and transitional kindergarten, Middle and High School/Escuela primaria - incluyendo preescolar y kindergarten de transición, intermedia y secundaria)
- Community Values Youth (English) / Premio para la Comunidad que Valora a la Juventud (Español)
- Positive Cultural Identity (English) / Premio a la Identidad Cultural Positiva (Español)
- Cultural identity can include ethnicity, faith/religion, disabilities, family status, gender, language, and/or sexual orientation.
- (Individual, Family, or Organization/Individuo, familia u organización)
- Positive Peer Influence (English) / Premio al Compañero como Influencia Positive (Español)
- (Individual under 24, nominated by a peer under the age of 24/Individuo menor de 24, nominado por un compañero menor de 2 años)
*Event is scheduled to be in person on March 25, 2022. If COVID restrictions at that time do not allow for an in-person event, it will be held as an online event.