YMCA Project Cornerstone
Asset Champions Awards
Call for Nominations for the 2023 Asset Champions Event are now open
Deadline is October 31
YMCA Project Cornerstone’s Asset Champions Awards Celebration is held annually to celebrate and honor the individuals and organizations whose commitment to building positive relationships with youth helps make Silicon Valley a healthy, caring, and supportive place for young people to live and grow.
Click here to see the 2022 Asset Champions event.
Nominations for the 2023 Asset Champions Awards are DUE OCTOBER 31. Please read the following information and find the links the nomination forms below.
WHAT IS AN ASSET CHAMPION?
Asset champions are individuals or organizations that make extraordinary efforts to build Developmental Assets, create positive connections with youth, and inspire others to do the same. Developmental Assets are the positive experiences, values, behaviors, and relationships that enable youth to thrive. Asset Champions awards will be given in the following categories:
- Adult Role Model (Individual over 24)
- Caring School Climate (3 awards: Preschool-Elementary, Middle, and High School)
- Community Values Youth (Organization)
- Positive Cultural Identity (Individual, Family, or Organization)
- Positive Peer Influence (Both nominator and nominee must be under the age of 24)
HOW TO NOMINATE AN ASSET CHAMPION
All nominees will be recognized at the Asset Champions Celebration Event. One nominee from each category will be recognized at the event with a professionally produced video and personalized award. We encourage you to carefully read through the Call for Nominations document as it provides details on the awards, categories and criteria.
1. Review the categories and eligibility details and make sure that both you and your nominee meet the requirements.
2. Complete the online nomination form for the award category in which you wish to nominate an asset champion. Award recipients will be chosen based on the answers to these questions, so please be thorough and provide examples. See below for helpful hints when writing up your nomination.
3. Plan to celebrate your nominee at the event in Spring 2023 (event details to be announced at a later date).
WHAT MAKES A GOOD NOMINATION?
The committee's decision will be based on the information submitted in the nomination form. Consider the following when writing your nomination:
- Provide specific examples of the impact of the nominee's work.
- Outline what sets this nominee apart from others doing similar work. What makes their efforts unique?
- Consider how this nominee serves as a role model for others.
- Provide enough information. Strong nominations usually include 250-500 words for each question.
- Photos, videos, websites, links, and other additional documentation will not be reviewed.
NOMINATION FORMS (Available in English and Spanish)
Click a link below to complete an online nomination form for the following Asset Champions categories. Para llenar una nominación en español, descargue la forma a través del siguiente enlace y envíelo por correo electrónico a [email protected] o puede llenar en línea usando los enlaces de arriba.
- Adult Role Model (English) / Premio al Adulto Como Modelo de Conducta (Español)
- (Individuals over 24/Individuos mayores de 24 años)
- Caring School Climate (English)/ Premio al Plantel Educativo Interesado for los Jóvenes (Español)
- (Elementary - including preschool and transitional kindergarten, Middle and High School/Escuela primaria - incluyendo preescolar y kindergarten de transición, intermedia y secundaria)
- Community Values Youth (English) / Premio para la Comunidad que Valora a la Juventud (Español)
- Positive Cultural Identity (English) / Premio a la Identidad Cultural Positiva (Español)
- Cultural identity can include ethnicity, faith/religion, disabilities, family status, gender, language, and/or sexual orientation.
- (Individual, Family, or Organization/Individuo, familia u organización)
- Positive Peer Influence (English) / Premio al Compañero como Influencia Positive (Español)
- (Individual under 24, nominated by a peer under the age of 24/Individuo menor de 24, nominado por un compañero menor de 2 años)
SUBMIT YOUR NOMINATION BY OCTOBER 31