With the growing public health concern about the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), we want to assure you that our main concern is for the health and safety of our members, participants, staff, and their families. We are working closely with the Public Health Department and monitoring The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines to ensure we are following all protocol and prevention recommendations regarding Coronavirus.
Those recommendations are:
- Stay home when sick
- If you have traveled to a known Coronavirus outbreak area, stay home to monitor your health for 14 days upon return.
- Use good hand washing habits (soap and water for 20 seconds or more)
Here at the Y, we are:
- Cleaning and disinfecting all surfaces with increased effort and frequency
- Ensuring anti-bacterial agents are available for member use as needed
- Elevating staff awareness and establishing clear guidelines so that staff can help members stay healthy
- Encouraging frequent hand-washing
- Ensuring staff remain home if they are sick
Please help us by:
- Staying home if you or your child are sick
- Washing and sanitizing your hands before and after entering workout rooms, and before and after using equipment
- Covering your cough or sneeze with a tissue or your elbow, and disposing of tissues immediately
- Refraining from touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Placing dirty towels in the towel bins
- Wiping down machines and equipment with disinfectant after each use
- Bringing your own hand wipes, if desired, to wipe down individual hand weights or mats
When bringing your child to the Y for any youth programs, please ensure they wash their hands thoroughly before joining any activities.
We will do our best to continue all normal programming. Please understand, in the event that we are unable to adequately or safely staff a program, we will cancel it.
The Santa Clara County Public Health Department and the Santa Clara County Office of Education will make the decision about school closures, in the unlikely event that this action is necessary. If school is cancelled, we will close related Y programs as well.
You can find up-to-date information in multiple languages at: https://www.sccgov.org/sites/phd/DiseaseInformation/novel-coronavirus/Pages/home.aspx
Also, this CDC website is a good source of information: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
We will continue to keep you informed of any new Y protocols.
At the Y, we are committed to ensuring the health and well-being of our members, participants and staff. Thank you for partnering with us to help keep our Y community healthy.