Moffett Field Activities
for Active Military
At El Camino YMCA, we do our part for the military families who serve this country every day. We want to support you and your family, so that you all feel more healthy, confident, connected and secure.
Military Memberships at the Y
We understand that military families are under enormous pressure. As a member of the Y, you and your family can spend quality time together and enjoy healthy activities in a warm, supportive environment. You can also connect with other military families who can relate to your unique situation. You’ll have full access to our facility and access to specific programs and events offsite, with all the benefits of being a member of the Y.
Who is eligible for membership?
Through the Department of Defense, you may qualify for a free membership. To determine if your family is eligible:
- Visit www.militaryonesource.com or call 800-342-9647 to receive an eligibility form.
- Complete and bring your eligibility form, military ID and any other required documentation (usually your Deployment Orders of Military Service Headquarters approval letter) to El Camino YMCA for verification.
To keep your membership active, you must visit the Y at least eight days each month. You may renew up to two times within two calendar years.
For families that do not qualify for a membership through the Department of Defense, El Camino YMCA offers Military Family Memberships for ranks E6 and below. Financial assistance is available.
What programs or events can we participate in?
- Day Camps – For children of Moffett families, we offer seasonal, traditional day camps onsite at Moffett Clubhouse. Your child can also enjoy a variety of specialty, sports, science and teen camps at locations in Mountain View and Los Altos.
- Resident Camp – Your family can spend an extraordinary weekend in the Santa Cruz Mountains at YMCA Camp Campbell, creating memories to last a lifetime.
- Child Care – Enroll your child in our licensed preschool and after school programs at locations in the Mountain View Whisman School District and in Los Altos schools. For details, call 650-429-1344.
- Swim Lessons – We’ll teach your entire family the life skill of water safety through YMCA swim lessons. Our certified staff can lead you in small group or private lessons.
- Sports – We’ll build skills, confidence and character through sports leagues for youth and adults.
- Youth Karate – Your child will learn self-defense, discipline, good sportsmanship, self-control and confidence.
- Adult Cooking Classes – Learn culinary skills with other adults. Classes are held quarterly at the Clubhouse.
- Teen Movie Nights – Middle and high school teens come together on the second Friday of each month for their own Teen Movie Night.
- Halloween Event – Enjoy the family fun at our annual Costume and House Decoration Contest at Moffett Field.
- Giving Tree – Give back to the community by donating gifts to help families of military personnel who are E4 and below.
We’ll offer even more programs and events in the near future.
To learn more about YMCA military memberships and our programs and events for Moffett families, call 650-429-1313.